Shout Out to Moms

    I have been totally surprised at the number of views of my first blog and the people who have admitted to reading it.  So I'm feeling a lot of pressure for my first real topic.  Since it's Mother's Day weekend, I feel compelled to do a tribute to my 2 favorite moms. 
     First of all I salute my mom, Patsy Johnston.  You can't help but be amazed at someone who had the nerve to bring my sister and me into the world.  I guess the only disapointment I ever had with my mom was when I was 7 and I found out my dad and her were bringing home a girl from the hospital instead of a baby brother (which I did get over quickly). That's a pretty good track record if you ask me.  It's funny the things that stand out in your memory, but one of my fondest memories is the sound of music coming from our living room as she taught piano each afternoon after school.  At various times she played the piano or organ at church, led the children's choir, or sang in the choir herself.  She instilled a love of music in Kathy and me so it's no surprise that we both find ourselves in music ministry leadership positions today.  I could go on and on but a blog should be brief.  So thanks mom for all the foundations you laid in my life and the Godly influence you continue to be today.  You're the best!
    The other mom I have great admiration for is Sue Hall, my wife, and mother of Payne and Mary Paige.  I take personal pride in knowing that I had a pretty big role in her becoming a mom.  But if ever someone was meant to be a mother it is her. Not only has she raised 2 great kids and taught them to be who God created them be, she has helped raise many other children. From preschoolers to college students, "Mrs. Sue", has loved and helped mold many young lives.  Parents today would do well to heed her philosophy on raising children.  What I know about kids - I learned from her.
    So to the two most important moms in my life I say "Happy Mother's Day."  I wouldn't be where I am today without you.  And you can rest easy in knowing that all the flaws in my life are from the times I didn't listen to you.  And for all of you who are called mom by someone, I salute you as well!















   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Anti-Bucket List

Cats and Dogs I Have Known Part I