Fly Baby Fly

It's been somewhat different this week around the Hall house. Payne, our oldest, is in Peru on a mission trip. Mary Paige, our youngest, has been freed from the shackles of high school and I've been freed from the shackles of making breakfast and the daily snack/lunch to take to school (Sometimes freedom is overrated). The day she has been counting down to and the day I've tried to hold back is only a few minutes away - graduation. Tomorrow night our family will hand our allotment of ten tickets to the ushers and take our seats in those uncomfortable bleachers with about 3000 other proud parents, family, and friends. No one likes graduation. They're long, awkward, rites of passage that mark a major milestone in life. But they are joyous celebrations and important for graduates and parents alike. And there's always something unexpected that happens that brings horror to the principal's face but comedic relief to the audience. I'm sure I'll be given strict instructions tomorrow on what is expected from me and how not to embarrass the graduate. This isn't my first rodeo. I know to watch where I'm stepping and how not to fall across the bleachers and when it is appropriate to yell out her name - never! I think I can remember most of those instructions. Payne's graduation came so fast it all seemed like a dream. This one has come even faster. Perhaps that's while I'm still awake tonight. Maybe tomorrow won't come as fast? But come it will and we as proud parents will cheer for our baby girl as she walks across that stage from one stage of life into the next. It's time to let her use her wings for what they were intended for. Fly baby fly!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Anti-Bucket List

Cats and Dogs I Have Known Part I