The Joys of Aging Gracefully    
     It's been 4 months since my last posting, but one of my New Year's resolutions has been to be more consistent in my blogging, since some of my Twitter followers have called on me to blog more.  I am flattered that there are 2 people out there who are actually interested in what is going on in this head of mine.
     I turned 55 in December and am grateful that 55 is the new 45.  There are all kinds of challenges turning 55, from aching body parts to wandering around the Wal Mart parking lot trying to remember where I parked my car.  To not be able to remember simple things such as where I parked my car, or my department's copy machine code is an enigma to me.  Simple, everyday things I should remember are a challenge yet I have the uncanny ability to remember what I got for Christmas every year from first grade (1964) to senior year (1976).  I had the opportunity to share this knowledge with my children, Payne and Mary Paige, and Payne's girlfriend, Callie Brown, on  a road trip to Birmingham to meet my side of the family for lunch a few days before Christmas.  Their lives are definitely the richer for it.
     Of all the things I've seen these 55 years, nothing intrigues and bothers me like the skinny jeans phenomenon.  Being in the position I'm in, I spend a lot of time with younger youth ministers and worship leaders.  I love hanging out with these talented and committed guys who are making an impact for Christ with this generation.  You can pick me out of the group quickly as I'm the only one not wearing a tight v-neck t-shirt/sweater and skinny jeans (or an untucked fitted plaid shirt). For the life of me, I just don't get it.  When I was in my teens and early twenties I did everything I could to hide the fact that I had skinny bird legs.  The last thing I wanted was a pair of jeans that screamed that to the world!  Today and 75 pounds heavier, I have to admit I own several pairs of these.  They're called Levis size 34 and I outgrew them last year but keep them around just in case I actually follow through with a good diet and exercise program.  In the meantime I'm  thinking of starting my own line of clothing - Fat Boy Jeans - for big boys who need a Husky fit.  I think it might be a winner. What do you think?
     That's all I have for this first blog of 2013, but I will try to make good on my resolution and be more frequent with my random thoughts.

Comments

  1. I think you could pull off argyle.
    Just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you on the Skinny Jeans it just aint natural. I will also not be wearing the v-neck and skinny jeans.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Anti-Bucket List

Cats and Dogs I Have Known Part I